With the energy transition massive investments are flowing into renewables, storage and P2X technologies. Commodity market prices remain volatile and increasingly sensitive to weather measures. This poses investors and asset owners with a challenge as to secure long term stable cash flows and at the same time exploit short term price volatility.
I will dive into some of the key challenges around short term optimization and the increasing application of algorithmic trading in the perspective of risk appetite and bankability in financing.
Rasmus Buhl Møller
Rasmus Buhl Møller is Senior Advisor for Tokyo Gas Global Business Development.
Based on 15 years of experience in commercial energy markets, he develops new commercial business activities and investment opportunities for Tokyo Gas within renewable energy. Utilising his experience and network in the energy sector and his background in energy trading and route-to-market services, he covers a wider range of responsibilities spanning from sourcing of investments opportunities and formation of partnerships/JVs and execution of the corporate investment strategy.
His main responsibilities include:
– Preparation and execution of business strategy and new business opportunities
– Negotiation of contracts and agreements with partners and counterparts
– Managing relations to energy infrastructure investors, asset developers, investment banksetc.
– M&A processes and commercial due diligence
– Supervision and governance of active investment